Chatting with Zoya Creative Director: Rebecca Isa
Thanks to everyone who participated in our #FALLingForZoya Twitter Party! Since you told us everything you're loving for Fall, we wanted to share with you Zoya's Creative Director, Rebeccca Isa's answers were to the same questions! See what's she's loving below...
Q1 - As much as we'd like summer to last forever, fall's coming! How do you transition your mani from Summer to Fall?
- The toughest part of the change is the fading tan. Summer shades that look great with a tan are not so great as it fades. Go neutral as you make the transition- then you can move into deeper fall shades as your "winter skin" returns.
Q2 - Long live nail art! What looks do you hope dominate fall & which do you think will be left behind with summer?
- Love multi-textured gradients and any of the moon manis. Skittle manis seem more appropriate for festive summer shades.
Q3 - What is your favorite accessory to pair with a fall mani?
- Big chunky rings with a gilded finish.
Q4 - Moon manis (reverse, half moon, etc) were all over the NYFW AW14 runways. Which style do you love?
- I like the reverse moon; I always feel as if it elongates the finger.
Q5 - What trends do you hope to see on the runway for Spring/Summer 2015?
- I like the new "ice cream" tones. They are basically brighter shades that have been whitened so they have more impact than traditional pastels but are still soft enough for spring.
Q6 - What your dream nail polish would look like!
- The white elephant of the nail polish world - a black on black shiny sparkle like a black sequined dress.
Q7 - What's your fave fall nail polish finish - Texture, matte, metallic or creams? Or, do you love them all?
- I'm a polish junkie. I love them all! That's kind of like asking a mom to pick their favorite child!
Q8 - What inspires YOUR nail looks and color choices? If you had to pick one signature look for fall, what would it be?
- Trends, micro-trends, fashion, beauty, and products.
Q9 - What are your must-have #ZoyaNailPolish shades for Fall?
- Natural: Marnie - perfect smoky plum, easy to wear, dramatic but still work appropriate
- Smoky plum: Sansa: High drama, perfect for a vampy look
- Blue: Ryan or Remy - perfect fall blues. Cream or shimmer, well balanced and deep yet still translates as blue.
- Dark Red: Claire or India - balanced deep reds with a hint of warmth to keep from pulling plum
- Matte: any of the gemstones look beautiful and fresh. Look for a softened finish as opposed to a highly chalky matte from a few years back.